Council International Student Camp Programs
For more information please call Sonia Guerrero Kagan at 626-351-8815 Ext. 249 or email at
All non Scout groups are required to provide the San Gabriel Valley Council with a certificate of liability insurance as part of the process in securing a reservation. Please fax this information as soon as possible to Sonia Guerrero Kagan at (626) 351-9149. All certificates must be received prior to your group arriving at camp. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and complying with the Council’s policy.
The following will be needed to book the camp:
- A certificate of liability insurance with a minimum of $2,000,000 CSL (combined single limit including contractual liability coverage) with the San Gabriel Valley Council, Boy Scouts, and Boy Scouts of America, named as additional insured, thirty (30) day written notice of cancellation, waiver of subrogation and the period of time involved.
- A hold harmless agreement.
- A certificate showing non-profit and or tax exempt status (if applicable).
- A roster showing the names of all youth and adults participating in this activity.
Minimum of 20 students to run program
Camp Trask has developed a program for International Students to get an idea of what the Scouting program is about. Our staff will guide students thourgh the Scouting program step by step. Students will learn the very basic of the Boy Scouts of America's program.
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my Country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
The Boy Scouts of America offers the following programs:
Cub Scouts - A program for boys who are at least 6 years old or in First Grade through Fifth Grade. Families and fun are a big part of the Cub Scouts.
Boy Scouts - Boys who have completed the fifth grade, or who are a Cub Scout who have earned the Arrow of Light Award, or are at least 11 years old but not yet 18. Highest rank that can be earned is Eagle Scout.
Varsity - young men who are at least 14 years of age but not yet 18. It provides options for young men who are looking for rugged high adventure or challenging sporting activities.
Venturing -Young men and young women age 14, or 13 and have completed the eighth grade through age 20.
- Group must have a minimum of 2 adults with the students at all times.
- Adults must stay in camp with students; especially if the program is overnight camping.
Camp Trask offers programs for International Students
Special Group Pricing/Information
- Leather Craft
- Hike or Boats
- Program areas listed below, subject to change
- Includes 3 meals in this cost
Full Day with Overnight: $125 per person/per day
- Program listed on schedule, subject to change
- Includes 3 meals each day
Full Week (Sunday-Saturday with overnight camping): $380 per person
- Program listed on schedulet, subject to change
- Includes meals each day
- Overnight supervision
Camp Trask offers programs for students age six to twenty one. Students can learn the basic scout skills listed below depending on the program you pick.
The following may be offered at Trask
- BB Guns
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Emergency Preparedness
- Composite Materials
- Leather crafts
- How to fold a flag
Camp Trask can customize a program especially for your group, let us know what your needs are!